This is a recipe that I’ve been making since I was a kid; my mom and I found it in some recipe magazine, probably Weight Watchers, since that was what my mom did back then, and it has lived on into my adult life. Originally, this was made with broccoli, so feel free to change the veggie theme to whatever makes you happy!!
** Measurements are approximated. I don’t measure, so this is just my best guess. Use your gut; if it feels a little dry, feel free to add more or less!
What you will need:
• 2 cans low sodium cream of mushroom soup
• 1 frozen bag of French-style green beans
• 12oz bag reduced-fat cheddar cheese
• 16oz reduced sodium broth (can also use bone broth for more protein)
• 1/3c Worcestershire sauce
• 1 package Ritz crackers (or whatever crackers you like)
• 1/3c parmesan cheese
• Dash salt, pepper, smoked paprika
In a medium saucepan, add broth, cream of mushroom soup, Worcestershire, and seasonings and bring to almost boil. Remove from heat and add the package of green beans. Mix until completely combined, and add parmesan cheese (should be on the thicker side.). In the freezer bag, crush up crackers. Pour half of the green bean mixture into a casserole dish, and add a layer of cheese and crackers. Spread the remaining green bean mixture over top; add another layer of cheese, then crackers.
** What I love about this recipe is that I usually do this part the night before I’m serving it! Cover and refrigerate for easy heating and no prep on the day of.**
Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45min until golden brown.